What's new

Rain Tree After Rain

SimOtakuGirl

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 11, 2012
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Location
Zephyrhills, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$318936_3714287816112_1657968972_n.webp$60200_3714289416152_1822506634_n.webp$557631_3714289296149_1977683002_n.webp

What are your thoughts?
 
Simo, i think there some problem of focusing..... :scratch:

Regards :D
 
No image is bad, since every image has a lesson to offer... i think your images are not well focused.... so what? go for more ...all the best :D
 
I'm thinking it's my cheap sanyo camera. I had a friend set all the settings for me but most of them still don't turn out well or how I want them to. I'm hoping to get a new and better camera soon. I've had my eye on a Nikon D3100 camera. Some people say it's a pretty good starter camera and I've even watched a few reviews on it so I hope it is when I actually have it in my hands.
 
I am sure you get that soon and will capture great shots with that

All The Best :D
 
Those leaves (I assume they're leaves) look very interesting and if they were in focus there would be so much to look at (and so many shades of red/pink). I bet getting a photo of them with the sun shining thru them would be really interesting, as well. (I can't tell whether they are flat leaves or leaves that are more 3-dimensional. It looks like each leaf has 3 sides to it.)
 
I'm thinking it's my cheap sanyo camera. I had a friend set all the settings for me but most of them still don't turn out well or how I want them to. I'm hoping to get a new and better camera soon. I've had my eye on a Nikon D3100 camera. Some people say it's a pretty good starter camera and I've even watched a few reviews on it so I hope it is when I actually have it in my hands.
Nikon D3100 is OK, but I think the head behind the camera is much more important than the lense in the front. Shoot more you would find that.Good Luck. :)
 
Last edited:
You were too close for the camera to focus on the flower/lanterns. If you look carefully at the pictures, you will see that the leaves in the background are sharper. Every camera/lens has a minimum focusing distance where things can be focused on, it appears you were too close for the camera you are using.

Do you have a manual for the camera you are using?
 
Very interesting tree. Is there a small, orange "berry" in the middle, it reminds me of "Lantern" plants we had a million and six years ago when I was a kid.

I really can't add anything critique wise that hasn't already been said. They all seem soft, with no central focus. Like ALSO said earlier, every shot is a learning experience.
 
I think the first shot has the best focus. There was a plant like that when I was a kid, and it was called the "Dollar Plant" or somesuch thing...this is a cool-looking tree you have shown us, and you are right to go and shoot it right after rain--that's often an interesting time. The 2nd and 3rd shots have poor focus, but still, like frequency said, every picture has its lessons, its story...

RE: the Nikon D3100...yeah, it's a neat, low-cost d-slr, but right NOW, this season, I do believe you might be able to look around and find the D5100 priced even LOWER, due to the upcoming D5200 that will be available in Europe and Asia first, and available in North America ONLY AFTER Christmas!

Black Friday deals maybe?
 
I'm not sure why at the time I thought the ones up front being a little blurry was kind of cool to me. I'm not sure if it's the right way but I liked it at the time and still kind of do.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom