Rainy Day Overcast Bikini Photoshoot, C&C pls :) + VIDEO

bocaj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well today was soo beautiful outside in sunny Orlando, I set up the photoshoot yesterday to be shot today, it started to look great outside UNTIL the rain came.. ugh.. we ducked for cover. her hair frizzed out.. etc etc BUT it dried up and I made the most of it.. we all had fun and I think I got some decent shots thanks to my ABR800 ring flash and my 70-200 2.8L IS USM. I even nerded out and shot a little video with my kodak digital camera in just messing around.

Here is the link to the video, I messed around for the first time with Vegas Video im not real savvy at editing video so its pretty simple.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ750ZCt3H0[/ame]

Oh and here is the link to ALL the shots I picked out

http://www.jacobthephotographer.com/051207/

But below I shall post the max 7 shots if you want to see all 11 go to the link above.

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6155.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

IMG_6074.jpg

IMG_6041.jpg

P.S. hi im a n00b to this forum :)

well, she isn't ugly...:er:

jk. This belongs in the portrait/gallery I guess? And I dunno, but bikini-model-threads usually get a NSFW.

having said that: on to the pics. I think they are beautiful. But is it me or does she have a big right leg in #8? The facial expression in #7 is a bit sad. And the dark shadowy outline in #11 is a bit strong IMHO.
Other than that: I like them a lot. And it seems from the video you had a lot of fun, and that's also important..

pascal

Well, the exposures are nice and the compositions are nice.

I'm just really distracted by the blatantly obvious padding in her top. It's sticking out on her left side in almost every picture.

Well, the exposures are nice and the compositions are nice.

I'm just really distracted by the blatantly obvious padding in her top. It's sticking out on her left side in almost every picture.

actually i think the bathing suit is flipped over... she doesnt need padding trust me... but that is something i can just photoshop out if need be.

These photos are way better than your video. The latter in some phases seems to try to compensate for the lack of motion with the model by moving the camera around, in a very shaky and hectic style (and you really should not detach the camera from the tripod while capturing... that moment gave the worst camera "shake"). Get some soft motion in, some soft and even zooms.

The best parts are where the camera does not move, but in those parts you realise how static the model is.

get some "counter" weights on your leight weight camera, even with them it will be possibly hard to keep it steady while moving, but it has to be done in order to get control over motion.

yea... the video is meant to be crap quality.. i just used my kodak tiny digital camera which had a video record function on it.. it was in no means to be used as a full production it was just something silly i slapped together.. the photos were the main purpose of the outing.. the video was just sort of to be goofy and silly... the main reason i put it together was i thought the love bug biting thing was just too funny.. plus she has a fun personality... so i figured i would capture it on a crappy video ;) BUT i shall take your advice if i start to bring a videographer with me on my shoots :)

thanks

These photos are way better than your video. The latter in some phases seems to try to compensate for the lack of motion with the model by moving the camera around, in a very shaky and hectic style (and you really should not detach the camera from the tripod while capturing... that moment gave the worst camera "shake"). Get some soft motion in, some soft and even zooms.

The best parts are where the camera does not move, but in those parts you realise how static the model is.

get some "counter" weights on your leight weight camera, even with them it will be possibly hard to keep it steady while moving, but it has to be done in order to get control over motion.

Very good job I like how there is a lot local lighting. In the first two you can tell there is an over cast, and in the others the lighting on the chick really makes up for the over cast background, and really ballences it out.
Wes

with a tongue in cheek the video is cool, as you said you get to see the personality behind the smile :)

nice pictures, and nice Lady ;) ill be her love bug any day LOL

I liked the gas photo. Because it was different, and a nice psoe. Does this girl mentally think she has a "best side" or did you pose her? All the shots are from the same angle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back