Rainy Fall Pictures

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took Rainy out to get a couple of fall shots today. We lost out happy girl when it was time for the first wardrobe change... But I am happy with the shots we got. I used the 430EX II set at 1/64th camera left and triggered with iShoot trigger and receiver (eBay specials). Set-up can be seen HERE

5124689232_3b0773d725_z.jpg

5124688632_1378962b56_z.jpg

CC Welcome as always.

Jason Lambert Photography

I really like #1. All the lines lead from off frame to your models face. Very nicely done (intentional or not)

#2 gets a little busy for me, especially with an infant. The pumpkins and leaves are competing focal points.

Kudos on the setup, technically they look good. PP was done tastefully and not overdone.

Nice

p!nK

I really like #1. All the lines lead from off frame to your models face. Very nicely done (intentional or not)

I didnt "notice" that until I read your post and re-examined the image, nice spotting, it really does lead your eye.

I prefer 2 over 1, happier, more vibrant, both excellent shots.

Jason IMO the baby and the props are too bright compared to background. You could have lowered the shutter speed or raise the ISO a bit more and meter the background instead of the subject since you had fill flash it would have given an even look. Here's a somewhat PP version of it. I think the entire image pops.

72521_10150312088555226_882565225_15624116_5431542_n.jpg

i like the processing in the first one...

the second one looks a little crazy to me... like nuclear oversaturation

Jason IMO the baby and the props are too bright compared to background. You could have lowered the shutter speed or raise the ISO a bit more and meter the background instead of the subject since you had fill flash it would have given an even look. Here's a somewhat PP version of it. I think the entire image pops.

72521_10150312088555226_882565225_15624116_5431542_n.jpg

Mo, I have to respectfully disagree. The background is intensionally under exposed to make the subject and foreground pop off the image. In my original image the eye is kept on the subject where in your edit the eye is wondering about.

Mo, I have to respectfully disagree. The background is intensionally under exposed to make the subject and foreground pop off the image. In my original image the eye is kept on the subject where in your edit the eye is wondering about.

I'd have to agree with you. We are always looking for ways to knock the background back: focus, tone and colour. Giving the background attention will only flatten the image.

Cute shots, Jason. My only suggestion is to mask the background when you do your sharpening to avoid adding noise/grit to the OOF area.

The background is actually textured... I only sharpened the eyes a bit and the hair. Thank you for your comments OldMacMan.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back