Rambling: The glory of f/stops

havoc

Jedi something or other
Reaction score
I was in my photography class today, I was supervising the darkroom cleanup when it occured to me that we were all working too damn hard to make the darkroom spotless for our photo teacher who will just dirty it back up with his own stuff over spring break.
As the teachers aid i felt it nessesarry to crack a joke about how this class was the messiest class that ever used the darkroom,(and they were) so they had to clean it extra special good. One if the other students looked at me and said jokingly, "Yeah i hear we are the worst class for everything! I should go up to Mick (the instructor) and ask him what an f/stop is." We all laughed and then without thinking it through i said, "No, better yet go up to him and ask him what f/69 is, and how often he uses it." Everyone looked at me in disbelief and then started laughing their asses off. Then finally i thought it through and relized that not only does f/69 not exist, (which is the reason i said it) but it also has a sexual meaning! The reason i said it though was because if he wnted to continue with the stupidest class theme then ask him what an f/stop that didn't exist was, but everyone else thought i was making a perverse comment.
Anyways everyone laughed though and it was funny because if you saw Mick then you would quickly relize its been awhile since he used "f/69"

So anyways i felt like a jackass, and everyone laughed but its ok, at least they weren't insulted :)

When my kid was quite young there was something about lucky numbers on the TV and I jokingly remarked to the wife that 69 was my lucky number.
Several months later we were at a friends and the discussion turned to lucky numbers, my rotten kid immediately states that he knows his dads lucky number is 69, my arm was sore for days after from where the wife thumped me!

Most reactions

Back