Random Announcement of Nonconsequential Testimony

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
R.A.N.T. is the acronym.

Hell, everybody seems to willy-nilly pronounce their dissatifaction with their life on TPF, might as well get one off my chest.

I was reading another one of those rant raves of late, got depressed and decided the best cure was to grab my gear and go shoot. I may have gotten a few decent shots, but I'm not bitching about that.

It was hot and humid. The late afternoon sun was harsh. Once I stepped off the main paths, friggin' spiderwebs every turn I took. The undergrowth was a tangled mess and the briars have grown by leaps and bounds with razor sharp thorns. The biting flies were on a biblical nature. I traveled fairly light, but remember that I am only one month on from having shoulder surgery. (yes, still going for the sympathy vote :mrgreen:) The terrain I was soldiering on through was very much up and down in many parts.

All that was to be expected and wasn't what pissed me off. Oh no, there is much more. It may not be much to you, but the dog decided to go his way and I went mine. Fine, that again was expected. However, he apparantly decided to find every pile of scat within 15-20 acres we traversed and absolutely got as much as was possible buried deep under his fur...to the skin. GAWD he stunk to high Heaven. He got the first bath.... and it was quite vigorous.

To top off the walk, when I began removing my clothing (outdoors because of the potential of ticks), not only did I find many ticks, but the amount of chiggers was phenominal. I srubbed and scrubbed while in the shower but only half of the little buggers released themselves. I spent the next half hour scraping the little ba$tards off.

All I'm saying is that if you want to ***** and moan or R.A.N.T. on this forum, make it something worthwhile. How about making it about something that has something to do with your adventures of taking photos. Did you read Lostprophet's troubles with getting a picture of a water vole?

These are things worth a moan. The fact that you only receive 2 comments on your photo or that someone may be harsh in critiqueing your posted photo is really inconsequential. Grow a set.

I just like to rant about funny things, like my cat's penchant for sucking his tail, for example, or how I burned supper. It's all for comedic relief. ;-)

I just like to rant about funny things, like my cat's penchant for sucking his tail, for example, or how I burned supper. It's all for comedic relief. ;-)

I've heard that when cats suck thier tail it means they were weaned from their mother too soon.

My cat (the one I won it the custody battle with the ex) did that for a long time...and I know he was taken from his mother too soon (not by us...the person we got him from had had him for about a week...he was 6 weeks old when we got him...they aren't supposed to be taken from mom until at least 6 weeks).

I've heard that when cats suck thier tail it means they were weaned from their mother too soon.

My cat (the one I won it the custody battle with the ex) did that for a long time...and I know he was taken from his mother too soon (not by us...the person we got him from had had him for about a week...he was 6 weeks old when we got him...they aren't supposed to be taken from mom until at least 6 weeks).

I've heard that, too. But mine was weaned at about 8 or 10 weeks. I just think he's stupid. I mean, c'mon! He can't even figure out his cat toys!

I've heard that, too. But mine was weaned at about 8 or 10 weeks. I just think he's stupid. I mean, c'mon! He can't even figure out his cat toys!

my cats never could (and still can't). I mean a toy mouse on a string is not a toy to them, but my hand with a pen writing is - mostly the pen is the enemy, but its the hand that gets the claws :(

My cats don't suck their tails....

022-2.jpg

Knotso BTW

Perfect or should it be purrrfect.

Seems the thing to do these days on TPF is to start a rant about something or the other. I start a rant on the trials and tribulations of what photographers might go through to capture an image. An actual photographic topic of relevance.

And the discussion immediately turns to cats sucking their tails.

:confused:

Perhaps it was misplaced in the OT forum. Does anybody know what time it is, does anybody care?

Seems the thing to do these days on TPF is to start a rant about something or the other. I start a rant on the trials and tribulations of what photographers might go through to capture an image. An actual photographic topic of relevance.

Perhaps it was misplaced in the OT forum. Does anybody know what time it is, does anybody care?
It's thread derailing time! Duh!

And you had a good rant. ;) I agree with this one. :p

It's thread derailing time! Duh!

And you had a good rant. ;) I agree with this one. :p

Sorry to derail the thread. Just trying to lighten the mood a bit. :)

Did you get the shot?

Sorry to derail the thread. Just trying to lighten the mood a bit. :)

Did you get the shot?
I guess the humor was just buried too deep.

Yes, several.

But does anyone really care? Apparently not. Perhaps they're sucking their own tails.

B-b-b-but I wasn't whining.

My thread got moved to The Whining Room. I was only trying to make a point, with a bit of tounge-in-cheek humor, that all this recent epedemic of rants are not very conducive to getting "the shot".

All this hand-holding, ego stroking, first person, 3rd grade tantrums, holier-than-thou episodic discertations is fodder for fools thinking their participation in such non-productive excercises will somehow dramatically improve ones photographic skill set. Sure, there can be some valueable learning introduced, a bit of comic relief thrown in for good measure, but it seems problematic to me.

I'd hoped such a topic such as mine may have given reasoned thought to steer this wayward ship ever so slightly back on course to the rational discussion of photography. Albeit, my input and influences are rather insignificant as witnessed in this very thread.

To be honest, I was very saddened to see the addition of the new forum. I understand that is is intended to be a temporary stop-gap to appease the ever growing childish behavior of a minority... a very irritatingly vocal minority.

All it seems to have done is add fuel to a smoldering contingent and seems to have grown legs which unfortunately under values much of the rest of the forum. As evidenced by the fact that I very much wanted some technical assistance here today. It is only my opinion that the flurry of activity in The Whining Room certainly detracted others that may offered their advice under a normal run of the mill day.

B-b-b-but maybe I am whining.

Why don't we all sit in a circle, light our little candles and sing Kumbaya.

Alright, I am friggin' whining now, but somehow I managed to take some photographs today. That's what I do.

That's all I have to say about that.

Peace Kundalini - most of the rants start in the morning - and by dinner time are derailed enough into comedy and madness - with occasional returns to the subject (mostly by people not willing to read through several pages of rant - comedy).
Best thing is to ignor and keep soldiering on -- or we could try thing singing circle (just don't expect me in it - the bad sound would scare the rest away ;))
ps - where are the new photos?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back