Random Announcement of Nonconsequential Testimony

B-b-b-but I wasn't whining.

My thread got moved to The Whining Room. I was only trying to make a point, with a bit of tounge-in-cheek humor, that all this recent epedemic of rants are not very conducive to getting "the shot".

All this hand-holding, ego stroking, first person, 3rd grade tantrums, holier-than-thou episodic discertations is fodder for fools thinking their participation in such non-productive excercises will somehow dramatically improve ones photographic skill set. Sure, there can be some valueable learning introduced, a bit of comic relief thrown in for good measure, but it seems problematic to me.

I'd hoped such a topic such as mine may have given reasoned thought to steer this wayward ship ever so slightly back on course to the rational discussion of photography. Albeit, my input and influences are rather insignificant as witnessed in this very thread.

To be honest, I was very saddened to see the addition of the new forum. I understand that is is intended to be a temporary stop-gap to appease the ever growing childish behavior of a minority... a very irritatingly vocal minority.

All it seems to have done is add fuel to a smoldering contingent and seems to have grown legs which unfortunately under values much of the rest of the forum. As evidenced by the fact that I very much wanted some technical assistance here today. It is only my opinion that the flurry of activity in The Whining Room certainly detracted others that may offered their advice under a normal run of the mill day.

B-b-b-but maybe I am whining.

Why don't we all sit in a circle, light our little candles and sing Kumbaya.

Alright, I am friggin' whining now, but somehow I managed to take some photographs today. That's what I do.

That's all I have to say about that.

Grow a set.

Perhaps part of the issue is that different people want different things from the forum. Perhaps to some "way-to-gos" and "good jobs" are their way of being friendly and building rapport with other forum members. Many people value the social aspect of this forum more so than the advice given. And there's nothing wrong with that, its just different.

We need to remember that we all don't have the same priorities as everyone else. I know I occasionally can use a reminder in perspective and tolerance.

Kundalini, don't take it personally.

The (temporary) creation of this forum was just a way for the mods to blow off some steam and show everyone how ridiculous all of this whining has become.

Personally, I agree with your rant.

ps - where are the new photos?
Today was for documentation. But here's tonights.

Many people value the social aspect of this forum more so than the advice given. And there's nothing wrong with that, its just different.
I take it you haven't read many of my posts.

Get some manners.
That's alright Corry, I think the little fella just forgot to put his smiley on the end of his sentence.

Personally, I agree with your rant.
I don't take it personally. Without the facial expressions and hand gestures you can't see that I'm cracking myself up.

Thanks for the affirmation.

Most reactions

Back