ccssk8ter11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just felt like posting a photo i did today,
Let me know what you think.

DSC_0467-2.jpg

Good idea, but it needs greater DoF to carry it off. The person holding the weapon shouldn't be sharply focused, but more so than they are now.

I personally think this would be a great ad against teenage violence and wepon carrying..... especially with the weapon holder being so out of focuse. I absolutely love this shot and it works perfectly!

That looks really nice, but I think the guy with the weapon needs to be in focus just a bit more.

Nice job! You must be pretty damn quick to avoid the bullet and get the shot of the smoke ;)

As others have said, the person being out of the focus really adds a lot to the photo, but I think you overdid it a bit...Bring him in focus a bit more and I think that's a really great shot.

Disturbing.

Therefore... nice job.

thanks for all the replies. Yeah i realize the person is a little too out of focus, Ill keep that in mind for next time :)

I have to disagree... I think you should leave the DOF as-is. THe smoke and gun barrel are the real subject here and you've illustrated this very well. Nice shot and great lighting. Did you add in the smoke in Post? If you did, I'd be interested in hearing how you accomplished this.

I have to disagree... I think you should leave the DOF as-is. THe smoke and gun barrel are the real subject here and you've illustrated this very well. Nice shot and great lighting. Did you add in the smoke in Post? If you did, I'd be interested in hearing how you accomplished this.

Thanks haha. Actually the smoke was real, I didnt think i was capable enough to photoshop it in so what we did was stuck a match in the end of the barrell and then had someone light it and then just took a bunch of pictures and then after i just photoshopped the match head out with the burn tool. I even have a couple shots where you can see the flame coming out the barrel, kinda cool but unrealistic.

sorry not really for me....the way the picture is composed is great, but the content just turns me off. too "columbine" for me...

sorry not really for me....the way the picture is composed is great, but the content just turns me off. too "columbine" for me...

In my opinion, art should never be panned because you have a negative reaction to it. In fact, if you have a strong reaction of any kind, the art is far more worthy of attention. This is why I made my comment along the lines of "Disturbing, therefore it's pretty good."

This image raised very unpleasant emotions in me. I don't ever want to look at the image again. The very mere feeling of having a gun even appear to be pointing at me, even though it's just a picture of one... is absolutely scary to me.

This is an excellent image.

Agreed on the disagreeing.

The whole idea is sick.... no critique necessary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back