Random Pics for CC! Geese, Old Machinery, and Train Tracks

smackitsakic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was out tonight for some random shots and here is what I found. Any comments/critiques would be great. Explanations are at the top of each photo:

1:
A friends dog over for a visit
IMG_1813.jpg

2:
Just caught the tail end of this Canadian Goose as he landed in a nearby creek
IMG_1825.jpg

An old truck that I found in town. This is a retired cement mixer
IMG_1839.jpg

4 and 5
Another old truck that was in the same location as the cement mixer
IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

Railway tracks from a bridge taken in town
IMG_1860.jpg

hey there! i really like your pictures!
the dog one is ADORABLE.
the only picture im not sure about is the goose picture. its awesome timing! but its a bit out of focus.
the pictures of the car are really good, and you really got some awesome angles going on :)

As a sucker for "leading lines" I cannot but like the photo of the railway lines, nicely lit by the setting sun. If I had come across that bridge and seen the track "glowing", I'd have felt compelled to take a photo, too! However, here I think there is just too much sky. It is mostly all white and not "speaking", it doesn't really add to the photo, so I'd definitely crop quite a bit of sky here. If you want to keep the usual print ratio of your photo, you can then crop in from the right, maybe to as far as the corner of the first house. It is nicely lit up, so you would not want to lose that part, but the side and car aren't necessary for the photo. Just a suggestion.

Smackit
First, your shots are not in focus.

I can see you are trying to compose your shots, except maybe the dog.

The only one that works for me is the first truck shot. I like it, only it is not in focus and you need to do some PP with it. Give it some life

Smackit
First, your shots are not in focus.

I can see you are trying to compose your shots, except maybe the dog.

The only one that works for me is the first truck shot. I like it, only it is not in focus and you need to do some PP with it. Give it some life

All of the shots aren't in focus? I can see that the goose picture is not in focus, but I was on too slow of a shutter speed to capture this photo, although I thought it was a neat pic nonetheless.

I'm not sure I can agree about the other photos not being in focus. Can you elaborate? They all have a fairly shallow DOF, but I beileve that all of them have a focal point.

the puppy one is great. a cute puppy and an awesome capture. nice job.

The dog is soft and seems like just a snap shot. Are these straight out of the camera? Also #3 I think would be better with a deeper DOF because the big headlight just doesn't look good out of focus. Also maybe a little more of the truck. The lights on top of the cab are just barely cut off and the mirror on the side I can see the supports but not the mirror. I really like what you are going for there. I agree that you need less sky and crop out some on the right on #6. I do like the lines on that one. #4 and 5 I struggle to understand what you wanted to capture with those.

Hope this helps. Keep shooting and posting!

Yes these are all straight out of the camera actually, no PP has been done.

Any suggestions on what a person could do for PP on the puppy picture? I downloaded a free trial of Photoshop Elements 8, but haven't spent a lot of time with it. I'd be curious to hear what some of the PP options would be to make this picture pop more than it does now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back