Random Pics. Please C&C.

Ubizzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, been hangin around here for a little bit, as i'm currently looking to learn from other peoples' work as well as trying to improve myself through practice.

I'm a complete amateur with my D40 and am slowly trying to improve my skills. Please tell me how i can improve my photos, because they're all a bit boring and i don't really know how to remedy that.

Feel free to edit :D

dsc0365tj8-1.jpg

Picturefromspaincropped.jpg

DSC_54462crop.jpg

DSC_54701.jpg

I like #1 a lot, but I think a much tighter crop would help the image a lot by bringing the colorful main area of interest into closer view.

#2 has a cool zoom effect, but I think it is lost on the content. Just my opinion, but the effect and the colorful mushroom thing don't seem to complement each other too well.

#3 is a bit confusing to me. What is the subject of the photo? There seems to be some misty "stuff" in there. Is it a long exposure of some sprinklers maybe?

I think #4 would've been better with the fire more centered (not dead center however) and maybe a closer view.

All just my opinions, I am certainly a raw beginner myself!

Welcome to the forum. Nothing like asking the hard questions right out of the gate. Technically your images aren't bad, #1 is a little dark especially on the ground, #2 has a large blown patch toward the bottom, and the sky in #3 is blown as well. #4 is set a little too far to the right and under-exposed, but those things are minor, and easily fixed.

Telling someone how to make their pictures more interesting however; that's a tall order. #1 is quite interesting, and #2 tells me that you actually have quite a creative eye. #3 and 4 are rather well... unexciting.

I would suggest finding one or two subjects that interest you, aeroplanes, landscapes, whatever, and workinng on those to begin with. I assume you're in Europe/UK somewhere? Lots of interesting buildings and scenery there ripe for photography.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

I like #1 a lot, but I think a much tighter crop would help the image a lot by bringing the colorful main area of interest into closer view.

#2 has a cool zoom effect, but I think it is lost on the content. Just my opinion, but the effect and the colorful mushroom thing don't seem to complement each other too well.

#3 is a bit confusing to me. What is the subject of the photo? There seems to be some misty "stuff" in there. Is it a long exposure of some sprinklers maybe?

I think #4 would've been better with the fire more centered (not dead center however) and maybe a closer view.

All just my opinions, I am certainly a raw beginner myself!
#1 - I found the picture on my photobucket, but the full-res version's on my laptop, so if i can find it i'll post later on.

#2 - Fair enough... Not much interesting to take a picture of, so i tried to create something interesting, and i personally quite liked it, but fair enough.

#3 - A climbing frame was being built so people were rushin around doing stuff, so i just took a pic of them. Very random, and well, not that great.

#4 - I do have a fair few pics of the fire, but didn't know if any of them were that great, so i just posted one of them.

Welcome to the forum. Nothing like asking the hard questions right out of the gate. Technically your images aren't bad, #1 is a little dark especially on the ground, #2 has a large blown patch toward the bottom, and the sky in #3 is blown as well. #4 is set a little too far to the right and under-exposed, but those things are minor, and easily fixed.

Telling someone how to make their pictures more interesting however; that's a tall order. #1 is quite interesting, and #2 tells me that you actually have quite a creative eye. #3 and 4 are rather well... unexciting.

I would suggest finding one or two subjects that interest you, aeroplanes, landscapes, whatever, and workinng on those to begin with. I assume you're in Europe/UK somewhere? Lots of interesting buildings and scenery there ripe for photography.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John
I've got my driving test tomorrow, so hopefully i'll pass, and can carry my D40 around everywhere with me, and go around taking pictures of anything i find interesting... Also, yeah, i'm in London.

#1 was definitely my favourite and as you said he large blown patch in #2 is frustrating, but i don't know what to do to the picture.

The other two, i quite liked, but i know they aren't special.

Thanks though, both of ya. Hopefully i'll have more pics to show you two soon.

Most reactions

Back