Random pictures for C&C

tinafaecarroll

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pictures from this summer. These are my favorites of the ones I took. C&C, Please! :)
3865153438_266797e736.jpg

3865153644_ef6cdcda8a.jpg

3864370973_5d0355b75c.jpg

3865153740_7f5259697d.jpg

3865153016_b1bcdd393f.jpg

Thanks for looking!

cropping on 1&2 clip some parts on the subject which is not correct composition.

3 just isnt interesting

4 Noisy and a closeup and a lens set to a wide angle distorts the subject.

5 too centered practice the rule of thirds

i clipped the second one on purpose. i like it that way. i didn't think you HAD to follow the rule of thirds.

i didn't set my camera to a wide angle lens for number 4. it's just the regular lens that CAME with the camera.

#2 does kind of work cropped, I'll give you that. It would work great with a collection, but by itself it would fail say in a exhibition.

1. While clipping of flower petals will work in some shots, it doesn't in this one, too bad, because it could have been a nice shot. I really like the light through the petals.

2. I think your crop would maybe work better without the dead space on the right. I don't dislike it the way it is, but something isn't working for me either. Also try playing with levels a bit, the colors look a little flat.

3. This shot is so busy I'm not sure what the main point of interest is.

4. I'm not crazy about the angle this is shot from, the eye is drawn right up the one nostril. The sepia tone doesn't work well on this either.

5. Zoomed in closer and perhaps shot at a slight angle might have worked better on this.

As for the "rule" of thirds - it is a guideline, and there are times when it doesn't apply.The trick is learning to know when it doesn't apply. ;)

Thankyou/\ yeah you don't have to use ROT but people use it for good reason. And the kit lens (well most) are 18-55mm. And anything at or below 25mm does tend to get distorted when your near your subject.

I personally like the crop on #2

The crop on # 1 doesn't do a whole lot for me

# 5 seems tilted down on the right side to me

Most reactions

Back