TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Thanks for sharing.
I liked the middle picture although it would have benefitted a little bit from a tripod. The first picture has a bit of lens distortion. These distortions can be removed with some free software packages. The last picture is very funny. I personally would have placed the car in such a way that the front end is facing the middle of the picture (not the rare end). Your composition is not bad but it implies that there was something more interesting that was left out of the picture. The first picture also has a non-horizontal horizon problem. But nice work. Good luck!

I'm not a fan of the first two images and only partially liking the last. When posting images for CC, dont just post and run. Give us some more info as to what you were trying to accomplish, what story you were trying to tell, what part of the image you were trying to capture / accentuate. This helps in understand what you were trying to do and give tips to better them.

As is, knowing only that they are random shots, it seems you were just walking and clicking randomly, with random thoughts

1- I don't like the subject matter and the composition used. The sky is interesting, but I'm thinking something done in HDR would of helped bring out the details more. I see you tried the rule of thirds, so good on you for applying a basic composition technique, I just dont find the subject matter intersting enough

2- The streaks are interesting, but I find there is alot of clutter around the top of the frame with all these bits of trees and leaves sticking out. The ones at the bottom are blurry / out of focus / moving and thus make the image look odd.
I assume this was a low light shot that you were hand holding the camera? thikning about using a tripod. While the red streak is nice, I find there is too much of it. Leaving all of it in the image makes it that you have alot of extra space down below with nothing adding to the image.
Read up on how to shoot fire works so you can get multiple ones in the same shot (bulb mode + something to block the lens)

3- The best of the three, but still needs work. The sky is blown out and distracting. This is due to you properly exposing the car. As mentionned, you should of had the car face into the frame. Having a close up on the tank being filled would of been nice. don't be shy to get down to the same level as what you are shooting, makes for more interesting images.

When taking shots of things like the toy car, try and take a minimum of 10 shots at different angles, settings, positions, things. This will help you see things in a more creative manner.

Most reactions

Back