Randomness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random, from today.
I hate the word random applied to a photograph. In my mind it means just program the camera shutter to fire at random intervals, regardless of waht it's pointed at.

You choose that shot. You thought it was interesting enough to frame and release the shutter, negating the tag "random", IMO.

Interesting subject, but seems to lean to the right (I don't think it really does) and the curves in the main subject convey a sense of motion that feel diminished by the central composition.

I hate the word random too, but it's what the thread starter asked for, so I played along. ;)

It is a shot of a window in the 40 story building that I look at everyday at work. I tried some different things, and that's what I came up with. I liked the dynamic center reflection, contrasting the rigid grid composition. I'll look into rotating the image, to make the grid more dynamic, and see what I think.

Thanks, KmH

Well then, here's my randomly chosen shot of the train yard for the 7 train.

Tilt-shift? Maybe it's my eyes, but it looks like either tilt-shift or a model. Either way, pretty cool to see since I've never seen a place like this. :thumbup:

Here's a random shot from a quick stopover at the USS Alabama

Oh man, you lined it up almost perfectly but used a shallow DoF! I want to see that building it's aiming at and the end of the gun in focus too! lol

Ah, I know :( LOL... I had the camera in my right hand a 6 month old screaming her little head off in my left, so in the rush to get the pictures I didn't mess with changing settings... grr haha!

Along the same lines as above...Learning my new macro lens.

4646762258_4af96f5f08.jpg

4645683301_146afc4b45_b.jpg

How random is it to come across a dead or sleeping bee in a lilly? (i know the phots not great i need to do some pp).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back