Rangefinder suggestions

darin: keep in mind, the Zorki 1 has a seperate rangefinder window (you have to focus first and then take a look into another "window", the actual finder). No Zorki 1 has flash sync! (there are a lot of Zorkis, especially 1D's that have been factory modified with a flash socket in the top plate which is synchronized at a 1/20th). if you could get one of these, I say get it, flash sync is always good.
note2: This camera requires a Leica style film leader, which is 18 to 22mm wide and 85mm long, and then curves upwards for a total length of 10 or 11 cm. I must warn you that there must be no sharp edges as they will catch on the shutter curtain and damage the rubber backing!
it needs a bit practice but it's just a great camera, really really well build.

santino said:
I know the MIR but I was talking about the Zorki 1(d)(c - and so on) , not the Zorki 4 (MIR). I think there is no reason buying a MIR instead of a Zorki 4, it is nearly the same besides the fact that it lacks slow shutter speeds (and had been produced exclusively for the soviet market). The Zorki 4 was better built because of export. Trust, the newer your russian camera the worse it is, quality dicreased over the years. There are also different types of Zorki 4, one has engraved speeds and one just painted, then there is the 4K and so on. The Zorki 1 is far better build and I prefer it. just my 2 cents

Ah sorry, I thought you were saying the Zorki 1 was better than the Zorki 4 because the latter was lacking slow shutter speeds. Much confusion :confused:.

Most reactions

Back