Rare Five-Planet Alignment Visible TONIGHT and for 2 weeks

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=Science&cat=Astronomy_and_Space

Rare Five-Planet Alignment Visible
(AP) - Five planets are arrayed across the evening sky in a spectacular night show that won't be back for another three decades. For the next two weeks, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn — the five closest planets — should be easily visible at dusk, along with the moon. "It's semi-unique," said Myles Standish, an astronomer at Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. More...

is that why i have been howling like a dog for the last hour? i was wondering why i was doing that!!

md

dude, go back and look at your history bar. you'be been scanning manda's photos again. hence, the howling. (planet alignment causing howling, ya right....)

Osmer_Toby said:
dude, go back and look at your history bar. you'be been scanning manda's photos again. hence, the howling. (planet alignment causing howling, ya right....)

yeah, i guess your right. those hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

md

MDowdey said:
Osmer_Toby said:

yeah, i guess your right. those hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

md

Did we ever figure out what the hands were...ahem...on in that first shot??

:scratch: :drool: :crazy:

MDowdey said:
is that why i have been howling like a dog for the last hour? i was wondering why i was doing that!!

md

Lucky there's no fire hydrants in your living room!

mrsid99 said:
MDowdey said:

md

who needs a fire hydrant? carpet looks good to me.

md

karissa said:
Shark said:
Cloud cover here in Indy tonight. :(

Same here in Texas :cry:

Turns out its overcast here to, to many clouds, no stars. Foey, I was outside with my slr and tripod. Oh well, perhaps tomorrow night.

MDowdey said:
mrsid99 said:
MDowdey said:

md

md

We should have a collection to get you a litter box!

MDowdey said:
mrsid99 said:
MDowdey said:

md

md

I got out of the shower one time to find my dog standing on the middle of my bed with this pissed off look on his face, just letting go all over the bed. Little bugger. :lol:

Something similar to this occured a year or two back - it was totally awesome, because it was plainly visible to the naked eye, and lasted for several days. I don't know that it was 5 planets, though. We've been having clear lovely days and nights, so I am all over this, bay-bay!! :cheer:

I love star-gazing. Even in the crowded light-polluted skies around here, I take what I can get.

Most reactions