Rattlesnake C+C please, also PP suggestions?

pmcbrier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I came across this bugger on a short hike the other day. I did a little work on it in Photoshop, and while it looks processed, I think it looks cool. I only have the original in Raw, but I have included another photo that looks pretty much the same. I would be interested in hearing suggestions for the PP work. First I hit auto correct in Adobe Camera Raw, then cropped slightly. In photoshop I played with the image adjustments. Used auto color, auto contrast, and then messed around with the input levels by moving the black and white in slightly from the edges, and then moved the middle point(?) up slightly from 1.00 to 1.1.

Photo was taken with a Canon 40D, f/5.6 1/25 iso400 135mm zoom, pattern metering.
rattlesnake.jpg

Here is another image that was very similar in comp and exposure level for reference.
OlympusCovehike260909_14.jpg

It's kind of far to show any sweet detail. I'd love to be able to see the head up close but I understand the dangerous subject. I would have used every bit of focal range I had out of my lens. By seeing your first shot, shot at 135mm, I'm guessing you have the 28-135mm lens? Do you have any telephoto lenses for wildlife? (not that it can change the shot now, just a future reference).

Yeah, just have the 28-135mm kit lens. My next lens will probably be a wide angle for landscape shots as I like to ski, camp in the desert, and Utah has lots of great landscape photo potential. I likely will stick to the 28-135 for action ski shots, at least for this season.

Ya, stick with lenses that justify what you mostly shoot. I got the 17-85 and I think it's plenty wide enough (for now!)

hrmm... looks out of focus (#1) and second one obv is but i'm assuming u just put it up for exposure comparison?...

i think it would be more impactful cropped closer in... prob is that leaf in foreground over its tail end... try remembering all this while avoiding a bite lol

Most reactions

Back