Raw Conversion Question

thern

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I have a question, and I'd be grateful to anyone who could help me out. So I'm trying to make a life size cardboard cut out of me for a party, I took a photo in raw for the high quality, unfortunately the website I'm using does not accept the raw format as an upload option. Is there any program out there that can convert the raw file to a jpeg, png, tif, pdf,? I've already tried using iPhoto but the quality of the converted image was pretty poor, so I'm obviously looking for something that would keep the converted image at the same quality, and also free would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

agree with PP. but after that, Lightroom.... its cheap compared to its big brother Photoshop and will do an amazing job with your RAW files.

I would have to go digging for my box, and I'm not confident that I could find it, though I'll keep that in mind.

Also I was hoping to find something extremely cheap, lightroom would basically double my cost. Thanks for the help so far.

The real question is, how do we get invited to this awesome party that is apparently being hosted or attended by a cardboard version of you?

Also, if we are invited, do we have to go ourselves? Or are cardboard versions similarly acceptable?

If they're not going to accept the raw file and you don't want to develop it yourself then you could just use the sharpest, highest resoution in camera JPG you can produce, it'll be fine for what you want it for.

The real question is, how do we get invited to this awesome party that is apparently being hosted or attended by a cardboard version of you?

Also, if we are invited, do we have to go ourselves? Or are cardboard versions similarly acceptable?

Ha! Nice. It's actually for my wedding reception, I had this genius idea of having people take pictures of the cutouts instead of with us.

Thanks for all the help, the program works great. Now based off your guy's knowledge would the quality of the photo be the same once I make it a JPEG, and then it gets blown up to a life size cut out?

So I have a question, and I'd be grateful to anyone who could help me out. So I'm trying to make a life size cardboard cut out of me for a party, I took a photo in raw for the high quality, unfortunately the website I'm using does not accept the raw format as an upload option. Is there any program out there that can convert the raw file to a jpeg, png, tif, pdf,? I've already tried using iPhoto but the quality of the converted image was pretty poor, so I'm obviously looking for something that would keep the converted image at the same quality, and also free would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Get an adobe DNG converter if you dont have software to convert raw then save it in photo shop to what ever format you can use for the site. Your overthinking this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back