RAW files open with red/pink tint?

phild2k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
When I open my RAW files from my Nikon D810 in Oloneo PhotoEngine they all have a red/pink tint to them, even though the corresponding JPEGs look normal. I have this same issue when viewing my Nikon's RAW files with all viewing software (not just Oloneo) with the only exception being Nikon's own picture viewing software. I tried downloading the very latest NEFCDC from Nikon but that still didn't address the problem.

On top of this, Lightroom doesn't even recognise the NEF format of my D810.

Please help!

Sounds like all your software needs updating to properly decode D810 NEFs.

Every camera model has a different and distinct NEF structure. ... even within the same brand.

The D810 is new enough that your software probably didn't include it when you purchased/downloaded it.

Head to the software's websites and search for updates.

Lightroom introduced D810 support in version 5.6, if you are running any version of 5 you can upgrade for free to the latest version which is currently 5.7. If you are running a version older than 5 you are going to have to buy a the new lightroom or sign up for the $10/month plan.

yep, that usually means you photo software is not decoding the RAW photos from your camera correctly, sounds like that software needs to be updated.

Lightroom introduced D810 support in version 5.6, if you are running any version of 5 you can upgrade for free to the latest version which is currently 5.7. If you are running a version older than 5 you are going to have to buy a the new lightroom or sign up for the $10/month plan.

Yes, I definitely suspected this was the issue with Lightroom, I'm currently using version 4, guess I'll fork out for the newest version. Oloneo is somewhat confusing, though, as I have their latest version and they claim to support the D810 - RAW File Support

On a side note, what software do you guys use to combine your bracket shots?

Yes, I definitely suspected this was the issue with Lightroom, I'm currently using version 4, guess I'll fork out for the newest version.
Just be aware that Lightroom 6 is due to be released fairly soon (rumour has it around March 2015) so that is something to keep in mind if you are thinking of buying the full version of LR5.

Most reactions

Back