Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Rose said:
hey i just got my canon 350D and am very confused about downloading RAW images from camera to computer...:confused:

firstly i installed all the image programs that came with my 350D on cd, such as raw image task and image browser. so basically when i connect the camera to my computer, not little icon comes up saying CF card, i have to go to "image browser" then click on canon camera!

HOW DO I MAKE IT SO I DONT NEED TO OPEN THAT FIRST, SO THE ICON COMES UP ON THE DESTOP?

also once i run "raw image task" and make my adjustments, i can only save to tiff (then later once having been in photoshop i will need to resave as psd, is that ok to re save so many times without degrading the image?)

another thing i cannot get my head around is how to drag the raw files to photoshop. i save them to the desktop as raw files and they automatically have the extention CR2 (eg imagename.CR2) and then i drag to photoshop CS and it says that the file cannot be opened because it cannot be recognised!:x

what am i doing wrong can anyone please help?...

basically what i would like my work procedure to look like is:
CF icon on desktop, save contents to folder
go to photoshop, open image borwser, select folder
then open image in photoshop (and then i would like a menu to come up so i can edit RAW)
then save as tiff or whatever
then go and edit in photoshop.

can anyone suggest why thats not happening
i am so lost and help will be greatly appreciated!

thanx

you need to go to Adobe and download the appropriate raw software plug in for your ps cs.

zedin

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I notice a lot of folks save as tiffs. Is there any benifit to this vs a psd file? With my nikon I tend to edit the NEFs (raws) and then open them in photoshop to make any other changes and save it as a psd.

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tiffs use more compression than PSDs, thus they are smaller. The compression is lossless however, and tiffs can still save layers.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics