RAW/sRAW1/sRAW2

wet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you guys all should RAW, and not sRAW1/2?
Quality vs money spent on buying more CF card, is it well worth the trouble to shoot RAW? It is easier to fix/pp RAW to get to the effect you want compare to sRAW file?
I use Canon ZB a lot, not sure why but to open sRAW1 file takes ~4-5 seconds per file. I bet RAW will take 10 sec.

Many thanks.

I just have RAW. I googled it, and sRAW is just a smaller RAW.

I wouldn't use it.

Why shoot at a smaller resolution than your camera is capable of?

Quality vs. money spent on CF card? Quality wins every time. What size card do you have? You should be able to get at least a few hundred full size RAWs on it...

I would buy more cards before I started shooting at a lower resolution.

EDIT
Maybe the resolution isn't lower, just compressed...? Anyway, it sounds like the regular RAW is still a lot better.

I believe it's just smaller images, but still with all the RAW functionality.

Personally, if I had those options, I'd probably use them.
Why the heck would I want to shoot family snaps at 18MP? It's not card space that worries me...it's the rest of the workflow. Backing up and storing those huge files would be a pain and it would certainly choke down the speed of my computer.

For pro work or anything serious....sure, I'd use the max. But seeing as how I can get great looking, very large prints from my 8MP, 5 year old camera...I don't think it's necessary to shoot at 18MP 100% of the time.

Most reactions

Back