Rays over Pacific Ocean

Matt Tilghman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.matttilghman.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys. Here's a new photo from Russian Ridge, California. I really like the competing drama and tranquility of the shot. I also really like how the clouds look so thick and continuous but the projection on the ocean in the distance shows how fragmented they really are.

I kinda have been forsaking foreground anchors lately. Sometimes I feel like it's hurting my recent shots but for some reason, I just don't feel like including them. Oh well, we all go through artistic whims and experimentation.
Anyways, hope you like it.

pano1S-L.jpg

Larger Version

hey matt, as someone who is currently obsessed with foreground (as i'm sure you can tell from everything i've posted since i got here) i actually think not including foreground in this shot was a good call.i love the light, i love the trees, i love the hills, i love the clouds, i love the... ocean in the background?
awesome shot.

I went and looked at the larger version. The posted picture here looks some what over exposed to what you have posted on the other site. The rays from the sky are more visible, the valley's lighting is more dramatic, as are most of the other features of your picture.

The horizon is dead center, leaving us to decide what's the most important aspect of your photograph.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back