Re: B&W photos for the EOS Digital Rebel

treehuggerhikerboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

I was just wondering if there was a special setting for taking B&W's on the Rebel? I remember a friend of mine had a point and shoot, and even on that camera there was a setting specifically for B&W, although I'm not sure what was so special about it exactly.

And, if there was a separate setting, what would be the purpose? or difference compared to a normal picture?

Thanks in advance for the input!

peace
dave

p.s. I looked in the manual already and couldn't find it.

If the system is the same as on my 20d you just have to look under parameters in the menu and there should be a set under there that offers b&w and the associated filter and tonal effects.

I agree, shoot color and convert. There are some great methods to covernt to b/w. I used to use the greyscale method but found it lacked good contrast. I use a program called Mystical TTC but you can create similar effects by using just straight PS.

you can download the firmware hack on the net without having to buy the ebay cd.

Sometimes I enjoy setting the camera to b&w. For the same reason you film buffs shoot b&w, rather than just converting in photoshop. I like not having the color shot to fall back on sometimes. It makes you shoot different, I swear you think differently about the shots you take. Or maybe that's just me. :sillysmi:

I certainly think differently about my shoots when I know I'm shooting in B&W. If I was shooting in colour and converting later I would not be able to think like that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back