Real estate photography, please help!

mikebmw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys, I have a Canon T1i and I bought a 10-22 mm lens today. I want to take real estate pictures, what else do I need? I don't want to pay alot but I need professional results.

Thanks

I can only suggest:

Nice tripod, software that includes lens correction such as Lightroom or such.

Hi guys, I have a Canon T1i and I bought a 10-22 mm lens today. I want to take real estate pictures, what else do I need? I don't want to pay alot but I need professional results.

Thanks
The know-how to properly use the camera.

wich flash I have to get? and how many of them?

A tripod is a must, Some type of photo shop, like lightroom, with maybe the PT lens as a add on. A good off camera flash, maybe 2 with a I flash trigger remote. I am a Nikon person so I really don't know about Canon,s. 10Mp is fine, I use the Nikon D200, Tokina 11-17 2.8 most of the time for real estate.

Could you please suggest what kind or brand of flash is good and not expensive? thanks

I want to take real estate pictures.... but I need professional results.
An admirable goal!

With a determined effort it shouldn't take you more than a year or so to learn how to consistantly get professional quality results.

Thanks
The know-how to properly use the camera.
You'll also need the know how to use the lens, lights, light modifiers, grip gear. Don't forget learning how to do the pre and post production stuff too.

Last edited:

Thanks

Well, I don't think that you made the right choice, cost-wise. Nevertheless your problems are going to be wide-angle distortion which is usually handled by a tilt-shift lense or DX0 software and washed out window light which is usually handled by a tripod and HDR. Auxilliary lighting would be helpful as well but that takes an inordinate amount of time as well as the necessary equipment. Virtual tours are common in Canada of homes with large properties near the million dollar mark and that requires shooting high resolution panoramas.

skieur

Most reactions

Back