Really bad at shopping

EckoZero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Myself, that is.
I needed new jeans, new shoes and new shirts.

I bought a DVD and a book.
Then wandered off the local camera shop to look at the Tamron 70-300...

...1 hour later I walked out with a Sigma 70-300mm and a D80.

And to top it off, I still need new shoes!

I have a similar problem. Though it's usually when I'm trying to save, I end up spending instead and that could be on Clothes, DVDs or Photography gear, but usually all of them.

I'd also looked at the Tamron 70-300 before, but it felt too clunky to tempt me into buying it.

No, please don't think of yourself as really bad at shopping--think instead of yourself as,"Every Salesman's Dream Customer!"

Yeah, I bet Jessops had a field day when I turned up last June. Went in for a new PnS and came out with a D5000.

All worth it though. Having loads of fun with the photography.

So what's so different between the D3000 and D80 that made you want it? Not saying that they are the same, but I don't think many people would have two cameras if they are not THAT different.

Better performance at higher ISOs and in-built autofocus meaning I can borrow all of my friends' old AF lenses.
AEB
Built in shortcut buttons rather than fiddly menus

That's pretty much it...

Two weeks ago, I bidded ONCE on a nikon 70-300mm vr for fun. I placed one bid with 10 seconds left and turns out I won....... My 55-200mm vr doesn't see any use. I wonder what I'm gonna do with a 70-300mm.

Most reactions

Back