Rebel XS<T3i<Canon 60d?

YouTube - &#x202a;Pro DSLR + Cheapo Lens vs "Cheapo" DSLR + Pro Lens&#x202c;&rlm;

Should give you some ideas to think on. In short if you want to go for quality then its best to generally start investing your cash into very good lenses before you start investing in bodies. This is even more true with high MP bodies since they quickly start to outresolve and show up more errors in cheaper glass.
Lenses like the 18-250mm do have a place, but its the position of a convenience lens with a lot of general shortfalls compared to higher model lenses. It's great for a holiday lens, small, light and long focal range coverage. But its not the choice if you want quality.
I'll just jump in as concurring with the above opinions.

Usually, the really wide-range zooms have problems with sharpness and distortion (the picture will look pinched in -- "pin-cushion" -- or bowed out -- "barrel"). They're also usually pretty slow aperture-wise. That's even the case with more expensive glass -- there's a reason the f/2.8 70-200 IS is $1,500 more than the f/4.0 70-200 IS.

If you're going to get zoom lenses, you're better off with ones that don't cover such a dramatic focal length range. It's also worth looking into prime lenses, depending on the type of photography you plan to be doing.
I like to vary what im photographing
So i figured the 18-250 would be good so i can use it for shots i dont need zoomed in, or i can use it to zoom in on something in nature
I wanted one lens, that i could use for a lot of different things
And not that you guys are mentioning it, i think i will go with new lenses first
Its just i have so much trouble choosing
Could anyone suggest something?

I like to vary what im photographing
So i figured the 18-250 would be good so i can use it for shots i dont need zoomed in, or i can use it to zoom in on something in nature
I wanted one lens, that i could use for a lot of different things
That's the idea with a lens like that...but it comes at the cost of image quality. That's why you will find that top quality zoom lenses rarely go over 3x. 17-55mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm.

Most of us care more about image quality than the convenience of a 13x lens like that.

You can use just about any lens for just about any subject...you just need to be creative.

I would choose the 60D, as that's GOD's camera...

See it?? Take it?? hah!

/thread jack

I would choose the 60D, as that's GOD's camera...

See it?? Take it?? hah!

/thread jack
God shoots a Hasselblad with a Phase One digital back, blasphemer.

I bought the 60D this Winter, before the T3i came out. I basically wanted the T2i because of its lower price, but decided on the 60D for the pivoting view screen. My 18-135 lens seems big for the camera, so I would hate to see it on the smaller T3i, yet that's the lens I still would have got if I got the T3i. They say the 60D is built more rugged, and if that's the case, I am glad that I got it. Nonetheless, I would like to try the T3i and compare it. If the build is the same, then since I don't need the faster speeds of the 60D, I would be okay with the T3i.
I got mine at Amazon with the Lens and body as a kit. I bought an extra battery and a 32 gb memory. I would buy a 16 gb if I did it over, unless I was going on a big trip and wanted one to cover it all. Since original purchase, I bought the Canon pivoting speedflash. It's expensive, but worth it.

An additional advantage of 60D is the better viewfinder, apart from coverage: pentaprism vs. pentamirror and larger size. In case you need it, of course.
I'm in the same boat, but having a number of old manual focus lenses, viewfinder is almost the only reason why I would like to upgrade, and Xs ->T3i does not add much from this point of view.

In addition to the original post, what value would a cropped vs uncropped sensor be? Pardon my ignorance but I thought the 7d did not have a cropped sensor where as the 60d does? Or is it all irrelevant based on you lens choice?

In addition to the original post, what value would a cropped vs uncropped sensor be? Pardon my ignorance but I thought the 7d did not have a cropped sensor where as the 60d does? Or is it all irrelevant based on you lens choice?
they have (more or less) the same sensor, which is also the same as T3i.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back