Rebel XTi / 400d Flash HELP!

solrac8126

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, today i received my rebel, is working fine but i have a question about the flash recycle time, i'm taking pics inside the house where is dark, if i use the flash, it focus using a burst of flashes , that put the flash in busy mode for microseconds, i can use continuous shoot and the "recycle time" is ok. On one shot mode it kind of works ok, for a couple of shots and if i let the cam to rest a while it'll take some more but then again , i don't know if the recycling time of 3 seconds means the capacitor will fill itself up (full) in 3 seconds, so i can do the series of shots all over again. I don't know if that's normal or my cam has problems, has anyone deal with this? The batt. is fully charged.

anyone? :meh:

its normal, my XTI is the same. i'm unsure still as to how many shots you can get before it needs to recharge the flash and then how long until you can get the max again. if you have it on AF it will shoot the burst of light while focusing. go into menu go to the last tab and go down to custom functions number 5 is AF-assist beam. choose does not emit and that'll shut it off.

thanx mike, i notice that when the flash burst is off, the lcd will still show a busy signal... maybe a software problems...;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back