Rebel XTi BUT looking to buy a new DSLR

SoldiersBabydoll

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm wanting to do a upgrade....

I want to buy a bigger and better DSLR but I'm kinda limited on cash.

What upgrade can I do BUT keep all the lens and filters and such that I have now.

My Rebel XTi shoots great for what I do...but it's just a 10.1mp, and I want something more.

What upgrade can I do BUT keep all the lens and filters and such that I have now.

What lens(es) do you have?

EF lenses will work on any Canon EOS camera. EF-S lenses will only work on crop bodies.

Are more MP the only thing you're looking for...?

What is it about the XTi that makes you want to upgrade?

edit

...Oh - and you should probably mention what your budget is. ;)

And, "General Shop Talk" probably isn't the best place for this...

Last edited:
The quality of photos is a function of the photographer, not the camera.

More mega pixels won't mean better pictures.

What is it about the Xti that is limiting your work?

I had the XT and just upgraded to the T2i and love it. The only problem is its a memory hog, I could take 400 pics on my XT on a 4gb card, and I can take about the same number on a 16gb card on the T2i. It also means I have to crop/size down to work on the images on my desktop if I want to be proficient with my time, so it take sme longer to do the same amount of work. I know its time to upgrade the desktop but dont have the money since I just bought the t2i and 24-70L.

So computing power is something to consider when upgrading.

the reason I wanted to upgrade from the XT was because of the noise levels at high iso's and the video is a cool feature, but its something that eats up even more memory. its about 3min per gig. I do love the larger screen. The live mode is annoying to focus in, takes much longer.

I had the XT and just upgraded to the T2i and love it. The only problem is its a memory hog, I could take 400 pics on my XT on a 4gb card, and I can take about the same number on a 16gb card on the T2i. It also means I have to crop/size down to work on the images on my desktop if I want to be proficient with my time, so it take sme longer to do the same amount of work. I know its time to upgrade the desktop but dont have the money since I just bought the t2i and 24-70L.

So computing power is something to consider when upgrading.

the reason I wanted to upgrade from the XT was because of the noise levels at high iso's and the video is a cool feature, but its something that eats up even more memory. its about 3min per gig. I do love the larger screen. The live mode is annoying to focus in, takes much longer.

I know what you mean, this is something I was not prepared for myself when I went full frame. I knew the files would be bigger but WOW.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back