Recent child session

Deadeye008

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hamblinphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is one from a recent session I did with my son. My wife was giving me crap about how we don't have any "good" pictures of him...So anyways we went and took some of him downtown. C&C welcome. More to come...
IMG_9713-1-22web.jpg

What Christina said. I also feel like the truck is in competition for the shot cuz of its size and how distracting FORD and the grill are.

Thanks all for your comments! I placed a texture on the picture and then masked it around him which why he is very clear and the background is textured. Also this was shot at f/2.2 and the truck was about 5-6' behind him. Here is the shot without the texture.
IMG_9713-1-2cropweb.jpg

That second one definitely looks better, but I think you should crop it in more to just the boy. I think he should be the focus, and I just want to keep looking at the truck. It just looks odd, probably because its so far behind him, but it looks like it might eat him or something.

Amber

Oh goodness.... I get this :) I completely get the original (the 1st you posted) Love it. Beautiful use of textures and urban color. Wonderful composition. That would be a canvas on my wall if it was my kid. Do not change a thing about it. I honestly just think some people don't get that kind of urban environmental work.

I think your original is strong without the texture. Nice seeing a kid who is not being all adorable. I would try one with the ford logo cropped out.

Love & Bass

That second one definitely looks better, but I think you should crop it in more to just the boy. I think he should be the focus, and I just want to keep looking at the truck. It just looks odd, probably because its so far behind him, but it looks like it might eat him or something.

Amber
Thanks for your comments Amber!:D

Oh goodness.... I get this :) I completely get the original (the 1st you posted) Love it. Beautiful use of textures and urban color. Wonderful composition. That would be a canvas on my wall if it was my kid. Do not change a thing about it. I honestly just think some people don't get that kind of urban environmental work.

Thank you for the kind words!:mrgreen: It means a lot coming from you, I love your urban work!

I think your original is strong without the texture. Nice seeing a kid who is not being all adorable. I would try one with the ford logo cropped out.

Love & Bass
Thanks for your comments and suggestions craig!:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back