What's new

Recent Potatos

fyn

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 14, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Location
NC, US.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some photos taken with my compact last week. I'm a beginner but experimenting with different styles and concepts.
Question: Which, in your opinion, is the weakest link between these three? And why?

$tumblr_muj12tyOk21sl3n4ho1_1280.webp
$tumblr_muj127PAzQ1sl3n4ho1_1280.webpView attachment 58245
​
 
Last edited:
An odd question.

For me, it's the silhouette shot, #1 because there is so little definition in the figures.
 
Agree with Designer. I'm not fond of the silhouette either, because of the way the light shines off the back kids face. I like the other two.
 
Thanks for your thoughts. :goodvibe:

because of the way the light shines off the back kids face.

Could I ask what about that isn't desirable to you? I can agree about the lack of definition, but that's probably my favorite thing about the photo.
 
Thanks for your thoughts. :goodvibe:

because of the way the light shines off the back kids face.

Could I ask what about that isn't desirable to you? I can agree about the lack of definition, but that's probably my favorite thing about the photo.

That is the great thing about photography, it is so subjective. When I first looked at it, I just did care for the wrap around light on the face on a silhouette. But that is my personal opinion and like. Nothing wrong with the photo at all.
 
That is the great thing about photography, it is so subjective.

It really is, isn't it? The thing for me is that without much experience actually taking photos, I'm not sure where I'm making mistakes are far as composition and technique goes. These are three photos that I personally enjoy a lot. and I'm more than happy if the general consensus is that my composition and technique passes.
 
Subjective opinion, not technical: I like the third the least, nothing to really draw me in. The first has though drives me nuts just because of the flare/glare right on the boy who is sitting downs face. The second I do like though, cute kid.
 
the flare/glare right on the boy

Since this seems to be the theme, how could I edit that to compare and see if I actually prefer it 'fixed?' Would you just mask it and burn it? It's alright to edit it for demonstration if you care that much
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom