What's new

Recent wedding images

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
4,821
Reaction score
286
Location
Montreal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My second main shooting wedding. Couple rented out a fancy restaurant in Old Montreal for both the ceremony (thank god it was in the courtyard in back) and the reception.

Very stressed for time, alot was running late. They wanted a very photojournalistic approach, although even with that comes some slight direction.

Here are a few images, more up on the blog. Comments, critiques, likes, dislikes...its all welcome and appreciated

1
5165653356_e10b7de4f9_z.jpg


2
5165051351_b16c558fe0_z.jpg


3
5165653840_091277552b_z.jpg


4
5165654778_2878df407e_z.jpg


5
5165654180_f37662b199_z.jpg


6
5165053817_dd63138a99_z.jpg


7
5165054679_8e3cefe0c9_z.jpg


8
5165054293_eaacf4c87a_z.jpg


9
5165054909_9b640b545d_z.jpg


10
5165054151_5652eaf5c9_z.jpg


Dont like the monitor thing on the side,but I love the feeling and emotion in her face
11
5165657430_6c531a66c8_z.jpg


12
5165055545_be974c9dde_z.jpg
 
Nice shots overall. What is the etiquette on asking the groom to remove his glasses? The photojournalistic approach is hands off, or did he prefer to keep them on? I find the glasses distracting in #8 because of the glare. No big deal I guess, but if you know what that etiquette is I would love to know.
 
While he looks better for you without glasses, it will probably look very weird for people they know to look at him without glasses.

Yo twinky, I can see you on the champagne glass!
 
Yo twinky, I can see you on the champagne glass!

Seriously? I can barely make out a form. lol, too funny.

As for the etiquette for the glasses, it really depends. Personally, I keep them in there. If doing a headshot/posed type thing, then its fine to ask them to remove their glasses if the glasses aren't part of who they are. I rarely see Elton John shots where he is without glasses.

With the more photojournalistic shooting style, its alot more moving around and shooting as you go. For some shots, there is some slight direction (sit here and look at each other), so you could always ask for them to remove the glasses. But I think it would look weird if he has glasses on in 70% of the images and no glasses in 30%.

But its a case per case thing. You can always offer to take some images of them without the glasses, just for variety. No harm in asking. Its all about giving the client what they want, and then more. So giving them a variety is good.

Hope that makes sense
 
Yeah definitely makes sense. I agree that people I know who always wear glasses actually look funny to me without them on. However, other times I find it better to not have the distracting reflections and all. I guess it is probably best to have them be comfortable as opposed to out of their comfort zone or practically blind haha.
 
I like that they are so intimately up close and personal. Who wouldn't.:thumbup:
 
Great Photos! I only ask my couples if they want to remove their glasses if we are doing formal portrais. People make squinty eyes for the first 20 minutes after taking their glasses off, (i'm a user too) so it can mess up photos intill they are adjusted, and most of us cant go 20 minutes without em
 
Good point.

And also, I would think that glasses that are usually on your face will leave a mark around the nose when you take them off which will be in your photos.

In studio, you need to ask people to do their prep stuff days before NOT to leave marks...things like tan lines, razor burn from shaving, glasses marks need to be thought about days before the shoot.
 
Good point.

And also, I would think that glasses that are usually on your face will leave a mark around the nose when you take them off which will be in your photos.

In studio, you need to ask people to do their prep stuff days before NOT to leave marks...things like tan lines, razor burn from shaving, glasses marks need to be thought about days before the shoot.

I was thinking these exact things when thinking of someone taking off their glasses. So maybe it is better to leave them on and try to shoot at angles that will reduce glare.
 
Here ya go

5199342065_757db0c168_z.jpg
 
What is it that is in the glass in the reflection at about 12 o'clock?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom