Recommend me a good Medium format camera under 500$

I get on shop goodwill all the time. About 75-80% of the time things bid over what they sell for on ebay and shipping is double normal costs. Not to say there aren't deals to be had.

Main scare with that place is they don't check them well and have a strict "No refund" policy. I've gotten lucky with what I've bought there but you never know.

I would say for sure luck was on my side for this one.....here it is with a 150mm I borrowed from a friend.

Dang that's a beaut. You definitely got lucky =)

My budget is now 700-800.

Not much can go wrong with the C330? Are you kidding? Many of them are 40 years old, and they never were all "that" reliable...

here's just a smattering of what can and often does go wrong with C330's. A lot of them are beat to $hi+ as well. Mamiya C330 [Archive] - Rangefinderforum.com

Agree. Bum shutters, speed accuracy issues, leaky bellows, and parts/service availability issues. Great if you can find a late model C330 that wasn't worked to death--not so easy.

Not much can go wrong with the C330? Are you kidding? Many of them are 40 years old, and they never were all "that" reliable...

here's just a smattering of what can and often does go wrong with C330's. A lot of them are beat to $hi+ as well. Mamiya C330 [Archive] - Rangefinderforum.com

Agree. Bum shutters, speed accuracy issues, leaky bellows, and parts/service availability issues. Great if you can find a late model C330 that wasn't worked to death--not so easy.

For a start the shutter is in the lens and can be fix by most camera repairers

Mine wide open with 80F2.8 @ F2.8

img250-XL.jpg

and a crop

img250crop-XL.jpg

I actually had a C220 pro last year but needed the money and had to sell. Struck gold when I only paid 100$. Came with a bunch of stuff, ended up getting a little over 500 for everything.

52347_10151251525899645_846118592_o_zps7ea6fb19.jpg

I actually had a C220 pro last year but needed the money and had to sell. Struck gold when I only paid 100$. Came with a bunch of stuff, ended up getting a little over 500 for everything.

52347_10151251525899645_846118592_o_zps7ea6fb19.jpg

Ive got one of those as well and also a 135mm lens to fit both

Rolleiflexes and Yashica Mats (foreign knockoffs of Rolleis) are dependable, useful, and pretty looking TLR MF cameras that people often use, and you should be able to get either for under $500 if you look a lot (Rollei in great shape might be difficult for that budget. Yashica no problem).

Similar to the Mamiyas mentioned, but having more options will make it easier to search for one that works for you.

Rolleiflexes and Yashica Mats (foreign knockoffs of Rolleis) are dependable, useful, and pretty looking TLR MF cameras that people often use, and you should be able to get either for under $500 if you look a lot (Rollei in great shape might be difficult for that budget. Yashica no problem).

Similar to the Mamiyas mentioned, but having more options will make it easier to search for one that works for you.

I dont thing you could get what i want for that price the Rolleiflex F2.8

The yashicas are cheaper and almost identical. Also, does one really need a *mint* TLR?

Most reactions

Back