Recommended lens

brush said:
Have you considered renting a lens? I don't know what they have in VA but one of the shops here in Atlanta will rent you pretty much any lens on the planet for $30 a weekend or less. I get Canon L glass from there whenever I have a big event to shoot. I'm worthless on Nikon stuff because I know nothing about it, but if you had a canon I'd say to rent a 24-70 F/2.8L and a 70-200 F4L.

My local store puts a hold as much as the camera or lens is worth. People better clear up their credit cards hahahaaaa. I've never rented anything so I wouldn't know how it works but I can see some backing off for that reason.

Yeah, they do that at my local store too...and the hold is the "suggested MSRP", not the realistic selling price...because they had a history of people renting the lens & deciding they liked it so much they just kept it & let the store keep the deposit...which left the store with no rental inventory. So to rent a 24-70 I had to write a check for some obscene amount like 1800 I think it was. They give you an option to either place a hold on your card or just write them a check they'll hold on to until the lens comes back. I write 'em a check when I rent, they rip it up & hand me the pieces when I return it, and it never hits my account in any way. I'll admit, it's a little frightening though & I find myself being VERY careful with the gear because of it.

I haven't looked into renting bc I can't even find a camera shop in my area. I have to rely on Best Buy and the internet for any gear I look at. I would imagine you can find just about anything in Atlanta. I envy you, lol. Thanks for your help, and switch to Nikon for Pete's sake! jk
Haha, I love me some Canon, what can I say?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back