Recommended Online Photo Gallery

Smudger82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an online photo gallery to use?? I have around 2000 pics I wish to upload to a gallery website for people to view, and optionally order prints.

Does anyone know of any?

Thanks

Hmm.

A photo website?

There are hardly any fancy ones that allow mass uploads. I'd suggest Flickr, but you'd have to get pro for that... around $30 bucks per year, unlimited downloads... it's good.

Also, if you want to sell photos... you might as well go for SmugMug, at $50 odd bucks or so a year. Professional and all.

But free, and able to print fancy stuff, like photo books, mugs, the lot: Shutterfly. Mass uploads, a personal webpage... quite good.

Hmm.

A photo website?

There are hardly any fancy ones that allow mass uploads. I'd suggest Flickr, but you'd have to get pro for that... around $30 bucks per year, unlimited downloads... it's good.

Also, if you want to sell photos... you might as well go for SmugMug, at $50 odd bucks or so a year. Professional and all.

But free, and able to print fancy stuff, like photo books, mugs, the lot: Shutterfly. Mass uploads, a personal webpage... quite good.

Are you sayign $50 for the professional version? I thought it was like $130?

Standard: $39.95/year • Power: $59.95/year • Pro: $149.95/year

Basically... for Power and Pro, you just get more site customisation.

do what I did. I origionaly started by useing geocities.com, but with there free account they have space and bandwith limitations. Eventualy I switched to a small bussness account, with my own domain name. I would sugest going this way. You can also use stuff like flickr which is owned by yahoo. I wouldnt recomend it but you can also use myspace because I dont think they put space or bandwith limitations on there accounts but dont quote me on it.
I hope that helped.
peace
Wes

Flickr ;) It partners with some photo printing services as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back