What's new

Red Bags

Jaemie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Apr 27, 2012
Messages
1,907
Reaction score
340
Location
Puyallup, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Moss sporophytes, actually. I like the surreal, almost extraterrestrial, "landscape" in this image. The tight DOF seems to enhance the mystery and depth. It's really just some dry moss on a brick post, shot with partially-covered flash just after sunset. C&C?


$7886005660_be8a1531f0_b.webp

f/5.6
1/60sec
ISO 400
55mm
 
Nice abstract; i like the colors... i also liked the foreground blur here, which in most cases would exert a negative effect :D
 
Nice abstract; i like the colors... i also liked the foreground blur here, which in most cases would exert a negative effect :D

Thank you. I really like that foreground blur for the sense of depth and subtle tension.
 
Nice colors and shapes, and I get what you're doing with the blurry moss in the foreground along with the reddish area leading back to the rest of the moss, but I still feel like the blur is kind of in my face. I think I'd prefer a little cropped off the bottom and left to make it smaller and direct attention more to the sharp ones.
 
Love it. It looks like a road/path winding through a whimsical forest. Kind of gives me an Alice in Wonderland feeling.
 
Love it. It looks like a road/path winding through a whimsical forest. Kind of gives me an Alice in Wonderland feeling.

Thank you for the descriptive feedback. I like the AIW comparison so much I used it in my blog post. :wink:
 
Very nice, Jaime! Great color on the moss!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom