What's new

Red Bike

Bender

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 25, 2012
Messages
216
Reaction score
144
Location
The Future
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
p690693793-5.jpg
 
I like it,Nice and sharp good detail & color. Thats a Nice bike and good example how not to secure your bike.Looks like the lock is going through the rim of the tire and not secured around the frame it self.In my neck of the woods, that bike would have been gone real quick.Thieves will pop off the front tire and ride away on wheelie.
 
Last edited:
I like it,Nice and sharp good detail & color.

Thanks. I picked up the Nikon 16-35mm f/4 when it went on sale around Father's day. Haven't a lot of time to play with it, but so far I'm impressed.

Thats a Nice bike and good example how not to secure your bike.Looks like the lock is going through the rim of the tire and not secured around the frame it self.In my neck of the woods, that bike would have been gone real quick.Thieves will pop off the front tire and ride away on wheelie.

Maybe they thought the flat rear tire was enough of a deterrent ...

;)
 
Ok...so your post' title is The Red Bike, but everything else is sharply focus...???

"Red Bike" actually. No "The". ;)

If you mean to say that "everything else is in focus, but the bike" ..
I see why you say this, but I'm not certain that the focus is at fault. I'm shooting at f/8 and the bricks in the foreground are in focus enough the the bike should be as well.
I think the contrast and/or saturation of the bike - especially with the white tires and deep red frame - is blowing out some of the details and making it seem soft.
Thanks for picking up on that. I'll try some local adjustments to see if I can reduce the effect.

If you just have a problem with large depth of field, then I all I can say is that is how I shoot these days.
I see this frame as 4 quadrants - 2 white wheels, 2 white framed windows, green shrub, green tree.
Throwing the background into blur does not meet with my intent for the shot.
That not to say a shallow DOF would not have worked as well, it just isn't what I was going for.

Thanks for the comment!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom