What's new

Red Chairs, Red Door, Red Sign

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
788
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$red chairs, Red Door, Red Sign fw.webp
 
I love the red "echo", but the chairs feel very "tight" - it feels you cut off the chair backs somewhat, and that feels not quite right. Granted, you may have been constrained by whatever was outside the frame, but that's my reaction to your image.
 
It's a good reaction in a literal sense. The tightness was intentional to keep the flow working from right to left. Any more extraneous outside detail would have broken that chain... For me it's really more about the florw of red than the objects.
 
I like the tight crop, but the door and sign are too difficult to see, and also the upper right is a bit distracting. I'd be tempted to crop down to the middle of the door so there is just a hint of it to echo the chairs, and lighten the door a bit and darken what's left of the bright upper right. Just my two cents ...
 
I could go this far with the crop and not lose the intial visual response Ihad to the scene. What do you think of this crop?

$red chairs, Red Door, Red Sign2 fw.webp
 
I like the crop better. Gets rid of that space in the upper right corner and now the red is primary part of image.
 
Sorry, not a fan of this one. I get what you were going for, but there is just too many distracting elements in the background. I might have focused on the the chair legs and the fun shadows that are on the ground.
Keep shooting!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom