What's new

Red Curry, yummy, yummy

jake337

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
4,274
Reaction score
1,245
Location
minnesota
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
7026030953_74f9f57232_c.jpg





​
 
I may have to go find some at lunch! The food is well done, although a bit soft in the foreground, but the glasses in the background are distracting.
 
Can't say I'm a curry fan... But is this a blue plate special? Your WB seems to be a little cool. ;)
 
Nicely done...food is difficult to capture well. The rim of the bowl is a little messy, but that's easy to correct. BTW, maybe it is a little cool on the WB, although I was going to guess that either the highlights were a little muted or it was a touch under-exposed.
 
I would have preferred to have the whole plate in focus. It's hard to tell if your WB is off or not, as the plate may or may not be white. That's something that you need to keep in mind and control. I agree with the concept of removing the glasses. Even though their soft focus, they're still rather distracting.

As far as the platting presentation goes, it's nicely done.
 
Love curry, and it is nicely laid out. But as mentioned.. WB and DOF are bit lacking....
 
Since i see this just after a full stomach(supper) i am not able to give a proper evaluation.... but curry looks a bit loose for me ;)
Yes the glasses in the background are bit disturbing...
But i like the color variations within the plate.... what those leaves are? eatable?

regards :D
 
Thanks for the replies. I suck at WB that's why I usual go black and white( yes I know not an excuse). You should have seen how dark this place was! Pretty much candle light. Was my girls birthday party at Amazing Thailand in uptown. Didn't bring my sb600 so this was the pop up with a cigg pack bouncing off the ceiling. Thanks for the replies.I really need to get some monitor calibration equipment.
 
WB can be hard to get correct if you're just guessing at it. Believe me, I know. I use Capture NX2.3 as my editing program, and use the white point to set the whites to something that I know should be white.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom