Red Deer Stag on Exmoor

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Doing what they do at this time of year- shot from my 4x4 vehicle in a remote part of the moor to which ( as an Ex-Gamekeeper) I have access to

Sony a7Riv + Sony 200-600mm + Sony 1.4x TC

NCvoxuy.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look

Les :)

The distant bellow of a Red stag in rut in the Glens on an autumn evening is something to behold. Pure majesty.

Great image! How did you even spot him in all that camouflage? His pose and the lighting are terrific.

That's a magnificent image! Wish I'd been there for a shot of that myself majestic creature myself, or to just be 4 X'ing in the woods. :wink-6:

-

Majestic individual! :encouragement:
Thank you- he is rather :)
The distant bellow of a Red stag in rut in the Glens on an autumn evening is something to behold. Pure majesty.
I agree- only this chap was on Exmoor in Devon :)
Great image! How did you even spot him in all that camouflage? His pose and the lighting are terrific.
Thank you- I was parked up being quiet and still- he wasn't :)
That's a wonderful shot! The crown of ferns, the golden colors, the whole comp.
Thank you Jeff, not an easy shot to get on a wild Red Deer
That's a magnificent image! Wish I'd been there for a shot of that myself majestic creature myself, or to just be 4 X'ing in the woods. :wink-6:
It is a humbling experience to be close to nature Kirk- a 4x4 in the woods is something else :)
Nominated for Oct POTM here October 2021 Photo of the Month Nominations

This is an outstanding photo. Everything about it made me nominate it!
WOW, thank you Dean- I really do appreciate that

As I said in my previous post- I was sat very still in a 4x4 vehicle ( Land-rover ) he was doing his Rut routine and eventual came close enough to grab a shot (600mm lens) I held my breath not daring to move as he approached down a Bracken filled valley - it had just stopped raining and there was a slight mist in the air

Thank you for the nice comments they are appreciated

Thank you- he is rather :)

I agree- only this chap was on Exmoor in Devon :)

Thank you- I was parked up being quiet and still- he wasn't :)

Thank you Jeff, not an easy shot to get on a wild Red Deer

It is a humbling experience to be close to nature Kirk- a 4x4 in the woods is something else :)

WOW, thank you Dean- I really do appreciate that

I'd struggle hearing them there from where I am😁

Most reactions

Back