What's new

Red Light, Green Light

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
14400310636_a6bd9713d8_b.jpg
 
That's cool and BEAUTIFUL. The blue of the sky is amazing.
 
I spent way too much time hunting for the red light. :-)

Cool shot!
 
Excellent! How long did you have to wait?

I didn't! I was crossing the street, and as I was looking at traffic, I noticed them all green, and took my shot.


Thanks everyobody! I thought this was a fun pic.
 
You got the eye for this, great capture. Colors blow me away. Slash enjoy your work. Ed
 
Something my city knows nothing about, synchronized traffic lights!!!

It's not exactly hard to do this, but any perceived benefit to motorists is dubious at best. Consider that each light (or in this case ALL of them are due to change in about a half minute or so) Then whoever is driving through the first green light gets stopped by the second or third one.

I don't know why any city would do this except that they get to buy far fewer timers than if each light had its own timer.

I would rather see the lights operate in sequence to that a group of cars could cruise through getting each green light just in advance of arriving at the intersection. Fewer stops mean much more efficiency.
 
I don't know how synchronized, or how "set for traffic flow" they are. I've never noticed all the lights being green at once before. It may have only lasted a short time. They didn't all turn red at the same time, nor did they "roll". A couple didn't turn red, and they may be vehicle activated at a couple of the small side streets. This is the major intersection downtown. My shop is in a building at this intersection.

I like this image, for the quick grab that it was. The guys crossing against the light make it, I think. I like that they are centered, along with the orange barrels. I like that they are walking towards the vanishing point. The sky...perfect time of night, and of course, all the green lights. And the red light at the top of the building, if you notice it.
 
There is a sign on the main drag here, "Traffic lights are set for 36mph" or some such. But that was placed way before cell phones arrived on the scene. Look at any car at any intersection today............. most heads are looking down in their lap. The whole world of driving is slowing down. And I bet there are more instances of a crick in the neck too LOL!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom