Red lights:(

D40

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I will be shooting at a Christmas play tonight and last year they had these colored lights which caused a lot of problems for me and my photos. Basically they turn off all the lights in the room and just use these red, blue, green lights to light the singers up and I was wandering if there was any trick to getting decent photos in this kind of lighting? I have the 50 f/1.8 for wider shots and the 70-200 f/2.8 for the close up shots. Thanks

Red lights are simply dreadful to photograph. Playing around with custom WB is perhaps the best thing you can do, but even that will not be super successful, and don't forget that when the filter lights for color, it means that they cut out a lot of the brightness, so you wind up with much slower shutters than you anticipate. It's really just going to be a matter of playing around with it till you get something that you're happy with.

For sure, those red lights are Horrid!!! I am hopeing they have a few more lights in there than just the color lights but we shall see. Thanks for the info.

Shoot in RAW and then tune the wite balance setting after you download the photos to your pc. The white balance is probably all you can do... or most of.

can u not try to talk them into a diffused flash or something? i dunno just a thought...haha try begging

Most reactions

Back