Red Tail Hawk

Thanks, guys! Too bad he wasn't perched on something a bit more majestic, eh? Still, it's my best of 2020 so far. Hopes for bigger and better things!!

Nice shot with great detail.

Great!

Great shot Peeb, the new camera seems to agree with you. ;)

Great shot Peeb, the new camera seems to agree with you. ;)
Shoulda added the details:

Nikon Z6 with adapted 200-500 nikon zoom lens with 1.4x teleconverter. Shot at 1/1000 with f/8 and auto ISO.

Nikon Z6 with adapted 200-500 nikon zoom lens with 1.4x teleconverter. Shot at 1/1000 with f/8 and auto ISO.

Very nice shot! thanks for adding the details, as a newby, I really like seei

Very nice shot! thanks for adding the details, as a newby, I really like seeing the details.

@JTPotter 1/1000 is a pretty good shutter speed for a 700mm lens (500 x 1.4=700). If he had been in flight, might have gone a bit faster on the shutter speed.

This particular lens is f/5.6 wide open but when you add the 1.4 teleconverter it automatically increases to f/8. Coincidentally, f/8 is pretty good for birding because it has greater depth of focusing clarity, so if you miss focus a tad it’s forgiving. Auto ISO is great for birding.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Nice capture!

Most reactions

Back