Red Wasp - Too close for comfort

Thanks guys. I am about an hour or so southwest of St. Louis.

As for the crop...these are not cropped at all...these are darn near straight out of camera with no post processing cropping. In fact, most of my images anymore are not cropped in post...if so it is only a tiny bit to fix a composition problem like a slightly too centered subject.....normally though I have enough shots to choose the best composition so no crop is needed. I like to get close and dirty to the bugs because you can see a lot more detail that can't be seen from far away....I do shoot a lot of shots where the entire bug is visible as well though...just depends on what I'm going for with the shots.

Oh, and I'm not sure why you would want to see any more of the red wasp.....the only thing you can't see is some of the wings which are out of the DOF range anyway. All of the body is visible in both of these images and most of the wings.

Good shots. I still don't have the guts to get close to wasps. On day lol

Good shots. I still don't have the guts to get close to wasps. On day lol

Thank you. My wife and most people who view these images think me a bit stupid for getting so close....I was okay with getting stung if I got the shots though (I didn't get stung though).

yeah i seen your shots where u have full bugs. i was just wated to know if u were doing it to get more detail in. and yeah i kno that wings would be quite blurry if u tried to get the whole thing in. i do macro shots of bugs as well but havent tried a better macro lens. the most detail i could get want as much as yours

wow these are amazing! So intense!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back