Red with White Sidewalls

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From a trip to the antique mall earlier this week.

Joe

22418364190_447f4e9f6b_o.jpg

Ha ha, no antiques there... Only one hope, that this Corona bottle is still full, so you can buy it, drink it and improve your humor for a moment. :biggrin-new:

Ha ha, no antiques there... Only one hope, that this Corona bottle is still full, so you can buy it, drink it and improve your humor for a moment. :biggrin-new:
Wonder if Corona gets better with age? When I used to drink, I seemed to recall it tasted worse than Budweiser... Like pee pee.[emoji6]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yep, they're more junk malls than anything else -- surprises me that we have so many and they seem to remain successful. My wife and I do occasionally score a good find. For example I've been using a drain spade in the garden now for 5 years that I found at one of these malls. It had been painted with a winter snowman scene and cost me $12.00. I wouldn't call 30 years old and antique (lord knows what that makes me), but it was made here in the states and is well made. Assuming I was willing to pay 4 times as much for a good drain spade I couldn't go to Lowe's or Home Cheapo and buy one. The option to buy a new quality tool is fast disappearing.

Joe

Hhmmmm.... As a person who has a strong sense of nostalgia, I find this image to have a lot of visual interest, although I can't say why exactly, but I do find my eye drawn more to the lamp behind the car rather than the car itself. I do think this is one of those shots that's going to have different appeal to different viewers...for example, as someone with a strong interest in the aesthetics of 50's design, I spotted the milkshake machine long before I saw the Cornona bottle in the background (although personally, I do like Corona...at least the REAL stuff I had down in Mexico...like Canadian beer, the import stuff just don't taste the same up here in the states). I do however think there may be something slightly off with the colors...not sure if it's just the lighting (incandescent perhaps?) or maybe that it could use a hair more saturation, but I think I'd play with that just a bit. I also might have tried just a slightly lower angle with the camera as well...that could be what's pushing my eye towards the lamp.

Again though, very interesting shot...it really invites the eye to look around and explore the image.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back