redneck modeling C&C

Status
Not open for further replies.
The model is like 12 years old (exaggeration, but everyone's thinking something similar) which really kills this for me. It really does create tension, and makes this feel like "let's take my kid cousin in the backyard and do a photoshoot" feel vs. creating a successful professional set that tells a story. Besides, the moral side being I'm sure her parents don't want her in provocative poses on a public forum.

As an overall comment on the set, backgrounds could all be improved.

Find a background you want to shoot against FIRST, then decide where the models fit in.

Ok, I was going to keep you guessing on her age. She is 20, a mom, and did you know the 2 people didn't know each other until 10 minutes before i started snapping shots? i am friends with her whole family and her mom loved the photos of her.....she is not 12!!!

I just have to say what I think and not worry about what others think. I think the model looks a bit too young for these types of shots. I don't like that type of exposure (no pun intended) for younger kids. It just makes me uneasy, maybe because I have 2 young daughters and I don't even want to go there.

From a technical standpoint, I think they are fine. You got some good feedback above. If you were trying to make people think, you have succeeded, but for me, I find myself looking away for personal reasons.

YES, you are WAY off on her age.....look above...I revealed her age. I also have photos of her 1 year old daughter.

YES, you are WAY off on her age.....look above...I revealed her age. I also have photos of her 1 year old daughter.

I'm not judging--hell, who am I to judge? But, back to my comment about kids. If she's 20 and has a 1 year old daughter, that makes her pregnant at 18 which could be high school. Point made.

But this thread is not about that so I'm stopping there...

Oh wow. I'd have never guessed she was 20. 15, tops.

It still doesn't change the way I feel about the photos. The level of taste is no where near your norm.

Was this theme something that she requested?

I have 3 little girls, #3 would have resulted in a homicide.

The woman is an adult. I will remove the photos, I really didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry.

#3 might have been awesome, shot in portrait, with a dutch tilt, keeping the kids and tree vertical, and the fence at an angle. You would have captured more of the subject, and added a layer of drama that might not have been noticed right off the bat...added tension.

The woman is an adult. I will remove the photos, I really didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry.
Anyone offended should grow up.

I'm shocked, guessing she looks so young, but a grown woman. Removing them now. Once again, apologies, didn't mean to offend ANYONE at all. This doesn't mean I still don't photo kids, families, etc. I got invited to photo some models at a small local modeling agency....and this is what they told me they were looking for. WOW....removing them now.....sorry again.

Anyone offended should grow up.

Agreed. Nobody is offended. My point was that she looks too young to be in that type of photo. If she's 20, who cares? Don't take them down. That would be silly.

Removed photos due to people getting offended, sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Nobody was offended by these photos. You are overreacting to our comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back