Reduce noise?

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there any free programs or any way in GIMP to reduce the noise in this picture?

waterdrop.jpg

Post the image up after you reduce the noise. I'm curious to see how it comes out.

Some dslr now have high iso noise reduction mode. It slows down the FPS (due to extra memory loads), but reduces noise; check your manual.

Install it on your computer.

Start the program.

Click on the Open icon and then navigate to where the image file is.

Select the file and click the Open button.

If you can see your photo in the window you're ready to run the program.

Try the default settings first to see if it'll be enough to remove the noise from your picture.

Click the red/pink Go button in the left window.

Examine your picture.

To learn more about Noiseware and how to use it, click on Help and then Help Topics.

I ran your picture through Noiseware and it did help make the image less noisy, but it looks like you missed focus on the shot.

Some dslr now have high iso noise reduction mode. It slows down the FPS (due to extra memory loads), but reduces noise; check your manual.

I think that only deals with luma noise though, not chroma.

waterdrop_filtered.jpg

Still looks pretty much the same to me! :) Guess I will have to try it again

waterdrop_filtered.jpg

Still looks pretty much the same to me! :) Guess I will have to try it again
The noise in the background has been smoothed out. But when you use noise reduction software it blurs your image slightly and will soften the image. It looks like the picture wasn't really sharp to begin with so reducing the noise made it look even softer.

Most reactions

Back