Reducing camera shake with the Nikon D700 ???? help

seanrayford

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.seanrayford.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been attempting some evening HDR captures with my nikon d700 but I'm running into camera shake issues (i'm shooting at 200mm). I have a solid tripod but I was looking to lock the mirror or switch to live view while using the interval timer mode but it's not available in that mode. Is there other options? Can I change the time between bracketing frames in the interval timer mode on the d700?

Maybe I should stay away from the interval timer mode in the evening and just bracket individual frames shooting with a delay..... but can u do a delay and a mirror lock-up at the same time???

any thoughts?

-Sean

Just manually do your exposures. ie get your base exposure, lock the mirror up, take. Then manually lower the exposure a stop (or half stop, depending on your needs), lock the mirror up and snap it. Then raise the exposure up a stop above the base exposure and repeat. Repeat these steps for how ever many exposures you want to take.

^yep, and make sure the tripod is sturdy, hang a weight from the center. try to block wind... set the timer and back away from the camera to let it settle... merely pressing the shutter release can cause a vibration.

^yep, and make sure the tripod is sturdy, hang a weight from the center. try to block wind... set the timer and back away from the camera to let it settle... merely pressing the shutter release can cause a vibration.

With a D700 he should be able to use a wireless remote, which I always preferred to using the timer.

dont you need to buy the remote and the receiver for that?

dont you need to buy the remote and the receiver for that?

hmm, after thinking I can't remember if the D700 has the built in wireless remote receiver or not. I don't own the D700, so can't say for sure.

Even if it doesn't, I prefer a cable shutter release to the time anyway, and cabled shutter releases are like $5-$10

I use mirror lock up and a wireless remote with no issues at all, including AEB

how "sturdy" is your tripod? I don't want to insult you, but a lot of people think they have a sturdy tripod - after all, that is what a tripod is for - but don't actually know what a sturdy tripod is.

Most reactions

Back