Reflector kit as background

rwalsh81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So a while back I bought the Neewer round reflector kit off of Amazon. I need to make use of the white as a background for some ID pictures for a group I work with. Unfortunately since the reflector has been in it's bag it's very wrinkly, does any one know a way to get the wrinkles out?

Put a light on it powered high enough and it will go white, wrinkles and all. Just be sure to get subject far enough ahead of it that the reflector doesn't reflect the bg light onto the subject. Watch for subject being rimmed with light. That is especially a problem if the light is jelled a color.

ok thanks, that might work with this. I can't get too fancy that's why I was hoping for more of a wrinkle release.

I use a hand steamer on muslim. Or a steam iron and hitting the steam button if you don't have one. Be sure that won't damage the fabric. Can also hang it in your bathroom and steam it up with the shower then let it stay there occasionally pulling it taught. Also if you want pure white, you need to have the bg 2-3 stops brighter than your subject exposure. I guess you could lower your subject exposure and that would make it go white. Otherwise, you are going to have a gray bg. Try it and see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back