Reliable battery for Mamiya M645 1000s

Moon Baby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I just took the dive into film because it's awesome and manly.
I need to buy a battery for my Mamiya and there's a load of generic batteries out there but I'm not sure which one is the best one in terms of holding its charge and reliability. Do any of you fellas have advice?

The model of the battery:

"The Mamiya M645 uses one 6V silver
oxide battery 4SR44 (Eveready No
544, UCAR 544, Mallory PX28 or
equivalent or alkaline battery 4LR442." - Owner's Manual

Thanks!

Last edited:
Eveready and Duracell (formerly known as Mallory) are good brands. There are others also.

The big issue, more important than brand, is how fresh is the battery. With such batteries is rather limited use these days, its hard for a dealer to sell enough to keep their stock fresh. You need to be sure that you buy from a large dealer that sells a reasonable number of PX28's on a regular basis and properly rotates their stock to be sure you're getting a fresh battery.

Eveready and Duracell (formerly known as Mallory) are good brands. There are others also.

The big issue, more important than brand, is how fresh is the battery. With such batteries is rather limited use these days, its hard for a dealer to sell enough to keep their stock fresh. You need to be sure that you buy from a large dealer that sells a reasonable number of PX28's on a regular basis and properly rotates their stock to be sure you're getting a fresh battery.

Very good point, thanks for the info. High 5!

Most reactions

Back