Remember September 11, 2001

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Five years ago this very day there was an attack on the United States and what we stand for. Many brave men and women died that day. So I would like everyone to remember and pay respect to those who rushed in and gave their lives to save our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, those closest to us.

While everyone was dumbstruck at what was happening, there were those few that against all odds rushed into the unknown. Sprinting into the smoke and debris to see if they could just save one life, just one would be worth it all.

The First tower fell at 9:50, crushing everyone inside. Even in sight of this, the New York Emergency services stayed in the second tower trying to evacuate as many people as possible.

When that first tower fell the sound of Firefighters personal alarms cut through the noise of debris and bodies falling around the towers. Though times were at it's worst, heroes arose from the crowds of people. These men who would hold a door open for hundreds of others to pour through. Though not being able to make it out themselves.

These are the true heroes of that day, A day I hope no one will forget.
Not for the sake of any political reasons, but for the families, friends, loved ones. Everyone who lost someone or something they love that day. Everyone who feels there is something missing now.

My love and respect goes out to you all. I, among many others lost friends/family in these terrorist attacks. How long can one wait for these wounds to heal? How many lifetimes could it take for the pain to go away?

All we can do is salute those heroes who laid down their lives for us. Those heroes who are still fighting for our freedom and the things we love.

God Bless America!
Have a great day the rest of the day!
One thing they can't take is our spirit. :D

Very emotional day, to be sure. :) There were some tributes being aired on my drive into work, and it was just impossible not to get choked up over it all.

Amazing stories abound from that day. :heart:

Never forget!!!!
Don't let the heros die in vain!!!

My sentiments on the whole thing are best summed up by the country song: "Have you Forgotten?" by Darryl Worley!

Rest in peace, victims of 9/11/01.

Much love to anyone here affected and feeling the loss of someone from that terrible day :(:hugs:

I do not think that forgetting something like this is an easy task for anyone..the thing that needs not be forgotten is why and how it happened...keeping that fresh in our memories will keep us safer.

Also on this day, in 1922, the British mandate of Palestine began. Good times all around. (thanks to Wikipedia for this freedom- and cheer-spreading message)

MommyOf4Boys said:
I do not think that forgetting something like this is an easy task for anyone..the thing that needs not be forgotten is why and how it happened...keeping that fresh in our memories will keep us safer.

or the fact that folks sacrificed their lives to help other folks, without any obligation (fire/police/joe schmoe civilians/etc...). There's a great documentary made by 2 French dudes, they were filming the life of a young recruit on his way to becoming a fireman, anyone know the title? The disaster just happened to take place while they were filming.

I'm not clear as to why it happened necessarily....someone didn't like our presence in the Mid-East?

I'm not clear as to why it happened necessarily....someone didn't like our presence in the Mid-East?

Because of Sayyid Qutb's ideology.

Qutb has been interpreted, particularly in some parts of the Western media, as an intellectual precursor to various Islamic fundamentalist movements of the 1980s to the present, including the notorious international organization Al-Qaeda. In this view, Qutb is argued to be a theoretical foundation of Islamic extremism. One can find some ideological connections between Qutb's thought and radical fundamentalist groups. These include Qutb's advocacy of an Islamic theocracy as the only legitimate state, his justification of jihad in the conflict against non-Islamic governments, and his uncompromising opposition to Western culture and value.

The number of people that truly subscribe to this ideology is very small. The majority of people grasp onto it because of their current situation and it's past with the western world.

I certainly welcome you guys to continue this discussion via PM. Thanks. :)

Right. Sorry. Easy to get off track.

Back on topic: God Bless the good 'ol USA and every other country, we all need it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back