Don’t wait, do it today, right now.

Rickbb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wasn’t sure if I wanted to post this at all but I’m in a talkative mood, (very rare for me, I usually bottle it up).

I know we are all strangers and know little to nothing about each other but please, make peace with your soul and tell your loved ones just how much you love them. Today.

Tuesday May 2nd my 43 year old son lost his battle with cancer after a 14 month fight. He had Acute Myeloid Leukemia, the worst kind you can get. He leaves behind a wife, a 6 year old and a 3 year old. He will be missed terribly by everyone that ever knew him.

And as if that wasn’t enough, we had his service on Saturday, in the middle of the night afterwards, I had to be rushed to the ER and have my gall bladder removed. So here I am, fresh from his service, less than a week after his passing, and all my family has to see me laying there in a hospital bed hooked up to all the monitors just like my son did for the past year. Sigh.

You know the saying that “tomorrow is not a promise, it’s a gift”. It’s not a cliché it’s a truth, probably the only real truth there is.

So don’t wait, do it today and everyday.

My condolences on your loss. Going through several health issues ourselves. One thing we've learned over the years is not saying "it can't get any worse"......it most certainly can.

I'm so sorry.

My deepest sympathy for you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

You speak a strong truth and I am humbled that you chose to share with us.

Ah sorry for your loss, esp hard when the older gen out live the younger

I had the same experience with my younger brother last year. The loss is almost unbearable. You have my deepest sympathy.

Most reactions

Back