What's new

Remember

Ratboy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 3, 2012
Messages
94
Reaction score
15
Location
Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello , been a lurker on here for a little while and would like to introduce myself and post my first picture . My name is jamie ,i'm 40 and from Australia , i've been interested in street art and have recently found photography after a long time thinking about it . Want i have found so far being on this site is a lot of creative people that hopefully i will fit in with ....so hello and merry christmas .

This is my first picture , this is of a local water fountain that was coloured red for Aids Remember Day , the only out of camera processing was a little colour saturation and cropping ...C&C welcome , cheers guys
 
Last edited:
Other than the subject being centered (which almost works except for the empty blue at the top that doesn't really complement the red at the bottom) and the dark bottom-left corner which doesn't seem to add anything to the over-all photo, I like it. That was definitely something photo worthy for sure. Welcome to TPF and I hope you find your stay here pleasant as well as informative. Good luck with your photography and I hope to see more soon.
 
Thanks Agent , yes i see what you mean with the dark bottom corner , i think i will crop that out .....yes broken the 1/3rd 2/3rd's rule with centring it , but i think it works with the bold red and blue 1/2 and 1/2 ...oh well worth a go ...thanks for the C&C
 
Graphically, this is quite simple, and STRONG. This is a BOLD shot. THis photo has very,very strong graphic elements, and could easily be Photoshopped/edited any number of ways, to make a beautiful poster print, book jacket, or wall print. This is a water fountain???? That is an AMAZING abstraction you have captured. Listen to me...I'm gushing! All puns aside, I think this is a very strong image. It could be re-colored any number of ways. I'm gonna' give you your first TPF "Like" for this post and shot!
 
Wow , thank you derrel , greatly appreciated , i hope i can keep coming up with the goods ...thanks again on your comments
 
totally agree with Derrel on this.

There are two additional points. The odd crop really works with this image reinforcing the entire graphic. (I am typically against non-standard aspect ratios but IMO it works well here.)
Second, I think that little discontinuity at bottom left is a real plus because it shows/reminds the viewer that this is an real-life situation.

All, in all, very nicely seen and done.
Keep it up.

Lew
 
Thank you Lew , thank you
 
I like this image and I like it centered .... forget rules. I would cut the dark blue in half and call it done. The darkness at the bottom left does not bother me ....i rather like it.
 
Thanks Rotanimod , Thanks Mully .....yes i like thinking outside the box ,.... if everyone followed the directions supplied we would all eat the same , as soon as you add a new flavour we all eat different , cheers guys
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom